PNR Home Nursing & Health Care Services is a leader in the provision of 24 hour in-home community care services. We aim to create a work culture that offers employees a variety in roles, challenging in nature, dynamic and satisfying.
PNR has an extensive recruitment, induction and appraisal process in place to ensure that all staff are inducted into the business correctly and given the opportunity to review their role regularly. Our aim is to create a mutually respectful working environment for all employees of PNR, where feedback is always encouraged.
PNR is always willing to hear from individuals with various backgrounds and qualifications who are wanting employment in the Home and Community Care Industry.
Current Positions Available
Home Care (Domestic) Workers
Home Care is to help the client to do tasks they would normally do themselves on a regular basis. It includes light household chores such as:
- Washing, hanging out clothes or place in dryer, removal of dry clothes from line or dryer, folding/storing
- Cleaning bath, vanity basin, toilet and shower
- Cleaning kitchen and white goods
- Vacuuming and polishing
- Sweeping floors and paths
- Making beds, changing linen.
Home care does not include 'spring cleaning'; such tasks considered as bi-monthly or annual undertakings. Tasks do not include climbing ladders, cleaning windows or cob web removal outside homes. These tasks are considered home maintenance functions.
Personal Care Workers
Personal Care may include assisting clients with:
- Washing, showering and bathing
- Dressing and undressing
- Shaving, hair care and personal grooming
- Assistance with mobility (in bed and out of bed) such as to sit up, to transfer to commode, wheelchair, chair or vehicle
- Shopping, paying accounts and banking where a Personal Carer is required
- Eating and drinking, including cooking and preparation of food and special diets
- Assistance with prescribed exercise or therapy programs as instructed
- Assistance with hearing aids and communication devices as instructed
- Fitting and use of appliance such as splints and callipers, or hoists as instructed
- Medication – supervision & prompting of client to take medication as, & only if, directed by the care plan.
- Respite Care provides assistance to individuals when primary caregivers are unavailable or need a break from care duties. Care may involve any or all aspects of both home & personal care.
- Active Service Model Home Care -The Victorian HACC Active Service Model focuses on promoting capacity building and restorative care in community care service delivery. A working example of this care model can include encouraging individuals to complete general homecare tasks themselves via verbal and physical direction from a support worker.
Successful employment will be dependent upon:
- Satisfactory interview
- Minimum Certificate 3 qualifications in Aged and/or Disability and/or HACC
- Clear police record
- Current 1st Aid Certificate
- Professional reference checking
- The availability of work within your nominated area and times.
If you are interested in joining the team at PNR, download and complete the application form and forward it with your resume via email or via post to:
PNR Home Nursing & Health Care Services
PO Box 1600
WODONGA VIC 3689